Saturday, November 29, 2008

Kuma Amy and Kum Mike

Moriah's Godparents, Amy and Mike, flew out for the week to see Moriah, and to spend Thanksgiving with us.
Amy is my blonde sister, and is completely opposite of me in everything (i like non-strenuous activities, she likes competing in triathlons. i like Roxy and Volcom, she likes Patagonia and North Face, i'm shy and quiet, she's loud and out there, i like white chocolate, she likes dark chocolate. i think you get the point). She and I were college roomates, and she has always been there for me through the hardest times in my life. Justin and I actually set her and Mike up, and now look, they're going on three years of marriage. They owe us big time! ;-)
Anyway, Justin and I loved having them here with us. We are so blessed by their friendship, and are really touched by how much they took care of us when they were here. We love you guys!!


Our Thanksgiving dinner at Marie Calendar's - the only place that would take us without reservations. I definitely recommend the cornbread if you ever go =)

Mike and Moriah are ICU buddies. Mike is a walking miracle himself. He was recently involved in a very serious car accident in Amerstdam, and had to have several surgeries and a couple weeks of intensive care. He totally sympathized with Moriah and her breathing tube.

The best godparents - and friends - ever!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. So glad you have been well taken care of. Friends and family are wonderful. I am glad that you had a good Thanksgiving meal at Marie Calendars. Their cornbread is good. Still praying for all of you and just hoping for the very best. xoxo,
Tanya

Mrs. Dan said...

You have awesome friends. What a blessing!

Moriah & Friends’ List of 50 Disability-Inclusive Children’s Books

Hiya Friends!  This list has been in the making for the past year as I've come across numerous disability-inclusive children's books...