Christmas with Family
"We are so blessed to have such a loving, supportive family. They all drove up from LA to be with us for Christmas. We are very lucky that our families are close with one another, and have celebrated every holiday together since before we were married. We love you guys so much.
Nano, Maji, Duder, Teta Vera, Riggs, Baba, Baca, and Uncle Jon aka Streets
This is how they are normally ;-) j/k
Our Christmas Story
On Christmas Day, Nurse Nicole gave this angel to Moriah, symbolizing a couragous and triumphant spirit. Of course, it made me cry, and I placed it on the stand next to Moriah's crib.
That night at Christmas dinner, during the blessing, Baca talked about this story in the Bible.
"So Joshua fought the Amalekites as Moses had ordered, and Moses, Aaron and Hur went to the top of the hill. As long as Moses held up his hands, the Israelites were winning, but whenever he lowered his hands, the Amalekites were winning. When Moses' hands grew tired, they took a stone and put it under him and he sat on it. Aaron and Hur held his hands up—one on one side, one on the other—so that his hands remained steady till sunset. So Joshua overcame the Amalekite army with the sword. " - Exodus 17:10-13
Baca went on to say that we are all standing together, our arms up in prayer for Moriah's victory, and for God's glory to be seen by all."
And so, friends and family, we continue to stand together, holding our hands up in prayer for Moriah's victory...being supported when our arms get tired, and praying for God's glory to be seen by all. We will get through this! =)
We love you all.
Love,
Victoria
4 comments:
Victoria, Reading this thinking about all that you have gone through I continue to marvel at yours and Justin's strnegths. You are amzing people. I will continue to keep you and Moriah in my prayers. See you when I get home. I HOPE that Moriah will be home wiht you by then.
I know that will be one Christmas you all will NEVER forget!! Moriah is a fighter and her parents are so strong and brave.
I continue to pray and think about Moriah everyday.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva
Interesting, because this post and that scripture have been on my mind lately. I continue to pray that God gives you strength and endurance. We continue to lift you up with our prayers. Only the Lord knows when the sunset will come on this part of your journey but we will be with you until then and long after.
Sending Love and Many Hugs,
Erin L
(little Hannah blows you all a kiss)
That is a beautiful memory, thank you for sharing. You are most definitely not alone, even when it seems like it at the wee hours of the morning when you know everyone else is fast asleep. You have a wonderful family, and a most precious gift in Moriah.
Hugs,
The Kurby Family
Post a Comment