Saturday, September 26, 2009

Think Happy Thoughts

During these times when Moriah is down and out, I always look at pictures and videos of the fun, happy times that we have with her. Here are a few of the more recent ones that I've been looking at this time around. (I know the family is going to love this post)

A month ago, while fighting an infection, Moriah was still playing peek-a-boo and giving me kisses even though she wasn't feeling well. She's such a sweetheart.



Or the week leading up to Moriah's bleeding incident, everytime we would put her in her stroller, she would insist on sitting in it with the canopy pulled over her head. She is such a ham.


Peekabo with Baba

And whenever Moriah starts to get really tired, she keeps herself awake by talking more. She's already worn us out at this point and so we stuck her in her chair. This girl doesn't ever want to miss out anything!





Touching Daddy's ear, which she loves

Mommy and Moriah having a lot of great quality time as we spent almost every single day in that room on the general floor care together

One of her favorite activities!


We love you, sweet girl. We will do this all over again as soon as you start feeling better!

7 comments:

The Arc of Whatcom County said...

seriously, she is so adorable. my goodness. thinking of you my friend...

amy and max

Catherine L said...

Her voice is so lovely to hear, so unaffected by her throat surgeries it completely appears. I can imagine Reuben doing the same with the canopy... or with his hearing aid band covering his eyes! I have your report from the CT scan but my friend/teacher says she doesn't feel comfy looking at it unless it's signed by you for privacy reasons. So I'm thinking if I type it up to you, can I then email it to you typed and you can forward that email back to me and Gwen (will put all in email and all you'll need to do is press forward on email). Jason's in today with Reu to ER after a rough night but we think he'll be ok... no doubt the usual trachitus.

Amanda B said...

I love these videos and pictures, just beautiful :)

my life: said...

I could sit and listen to that beautiful little voice all day! :0)
Thank you SO much for sharing her with us.

Erynn said...

she IS a ham bone. noah would just gobble her up.
hearing her voice put a smile on my face.

cici said...

I can see the look of love in her eyes for mommy and daddy.

May God take away your fears as he heals your precious baby girl and strengthens her immune system.

Happy thoughts and prayers are yours!

Kristi said...

Oh my goodness!
I love hearing her sweet voice... and am amazed at how vocal she is! It's unbelievable to me that she can vocalize so easily given all that her airway endured prior to the trach, not to mention the fact that she's still a new trach and vocalizing can often take a lot of time!

I cracked up at how sleepy she was and still chatting away... too cute!

And, the pulling down the sun shade on her chair reminds me so much of Gracie! She does that all the time... both to be silly and to let us know when she's had enough of whatever she's looking at!

Such a joy to see all of this!

On another note,
Justin... I somehow missed that your Papa had passed away. I am so sorry for your family's loss.

With love,
Kristi and the Flock

Moriah & Friends’ List of 50 Disability-Inclusive Children’s Books

Hiya Friends!  This list has been in the making for the past year as I've come across numerous disability-inclusive children's books...