Thursday, April 15, 2010

Friend or Faux?

Something went down between these two pals.

Typically, Moriah looooooves Elmo...as in she can't look at the hairy, red, thingymajig without laughing.

However, just overnight, Elmo and Moriah had a falling out. We aren't sure of the details, but all of a sudden, Elmo went from being Moriah's bestie to being Moriah's worstie.

Here is what we noticed. While reading through her books, Moriah would all of a sudden cover her eyes every. single. time. we came to the Elmo puppet book. She was fine with everything else.

Proof.



Guess we're just going to have to wait and see how Moriah and Elmo resolve this one.

To be continued...

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwwww...poor Elmo...:(

That is so cute.

Mrs. Dan said...

Did she see Elmo play peek a boo one day? Is she playing peek a boo with him? SO CUTE!

my life: said...

Super Cute!!! Girls...they are so fickle! ;0)
Can I say...seeing her in action takes everything within me NOT to jump on a plane and come munch on her! Sweet girl...I love you and am SO happy to see you looking so good. :0)

The Portas said...

This is so funny!!! Thanks for the laugh this morning. :)

I really appreciate what you wrote on Elijah's blog the other day. I do think a lot of his behavior lately has to do with the new baby on the way. Hopefully we can all figure out a new normal in the near future!

Thanks again for posting this video. Elijah is having a blast watching it. xo

Kristi said...

Too funny!
Gracie used to turn on some of her "besties," though it wasn't nearly as cute as Moriah! She'd get furious and not be calm until said "bestie" was totally out of the room! She'd watch us like a hawk until it was gone!

Do you have other Elmo things that she is reacting to in the same way or just the book?! I love that you tested her and put it on video... and I love that you were laughing about it! Because, really, what else can you do?!

Poor, poor Elmo. I wonder if he realizes what wrong he's done?

cici said...

first crush? ;)

A woman is allowed to change her mind. Maybe it's his color. ha

hannah m said...

Oh, this is so cute. And I cracked up when you were talking about frenemies, V. Hilarious! I'll take watching Moriah and Elmo over Paris and Nicole any day of the week!

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

I love this video--it made me smile! So, so cute! Moriah, I hope you and Elmo work things out soon! :-)

Mama Kat said...

Ok, so I can so relate to Miss M. I had a VERY vivid dream about cookie monster when I was about 3 or 4 that I still VERY vividly remember to this day! Now I will go ahead and watch cookie monster with my kids, but I tell you, I still get shivers up my spine 30 years later. No I am not kidding...Its sad. Cookie monster chased me around my neighbors corn field for my last cookie, and made me get lost. I wanted my mom, and my cookie. I was lost. So I am so With Moriah on this one. Ok, now that I have just shared my deepest darkest secret publically, I think I will go hide under my bed thank you very much.

Tanya said...

I love the video. It is to cute. I loved watching. It is nice not to hear her scream at him. Maybe it is the color, maybe it is a "girl" thing, you know we do have the right to change our minds?!? :-) I could watch that over and over and over. She looks really really good. I would love to just come squeeze on her. It makes this being at home sick all worth while. Hope your week is a good one. Miss hearing from you. Hugs all around.
Tanya

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

How cute! She definately has an opinion about that red fuzzy dude, doesn't she. LOL

Alli said...

That is the cutest thing. Poor elmo. I hope they can be friends again soon.

xo,
Alli

P.S. Bradley our 2 year old wants to watch this video over and over. I think he's getting a crush on Moriah. :)

Crystal M. said...

That is to funny!!! Also VERY CUTE!! I hope they can make up and be friends again soon.

Ashley Kostjuk said...

now that is HILARIOUS!!! You guys are so cute. That gave me a good laugh this afternoon. She is one funny girl.

Jemelene said...

I loved that! When Alli had her heart surgery, about the fourth day there she started doing that but a little higher on the forehead like a dramatic,"I can't deal with you people" then she would drop her arm over her eyes while they fiddled with whatever. It was quite comical.
So glad to hear that E and M are friends again.
Love you guys!

Moriah & Friends’ List of 50 Disability-Inclusive Children’s Books

Hiya Friends!  This list has been in the making for the past year as I've come across numerous disability-inclusive children's books...