Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Shaken

Just when everything has been going well, we are reminded of how quickly things can change...how quickly our world can be rocked.

I'm not going to go into too much detail, but Dr. Silva sat us down tonight, and explained that he had spoken with Dr. Wright last week.

It was reiterated that the pressures in Moriah's heart need to come down. If they don't, there might not be anymore options that they would be willing to talk about for her. We were told to prepare for a potentially very heavy, important discussion with Dr. Wright and the team.

Needless to say, we are very heavy with this news. We know that Moriah has always been in God's hands, and that she is our gift. But, it is almost unbearable to hear after you have spent the day with a little girl who was laughing and smiling away.

We continue to pray. Stand strong. And trust.
Jesus is the ultimate physician and the ultimate healer.
She is ultimately in His hands...

19 comments:

my life: said...

Victoria...I was just thinking of this very thing today. It was as if God reminded me that my children are simply on loan to me. The way that my heart beats for them...and feels the highs and lows of this life...how much more does His heart beat for them...us. This exact thought went through my mind today:
"we are reminded of how quickly things can change...how quickly our world can be rocked."
Sweet friend...you KNOW that my heart is aching...along side yours. Praying for peace, guidance and of course...healing.

Mon said...

Praying ...

Anonymous said...

Praying for healing.

I can only imagine how you must have felt hearing this news, I am but a follower of your blog and keep Moriah (and you both too) in prayer and it shocked me.

Our prayers are with you, just as God is with you.

Jemelene said...

We are still praying for all of you! Sending our love!

The Wilson's

Erynn said...

sending love and prayers

Kristi said...

My heart is so heavy reading this... holding you all so close...

cici said...

I am so sad that a Doctor of medicine would come to you with this negative news. I hope that they have ruled out any medications she may be taking as a cause.
May God give you both the strength and positive attitude you will need for this upcoming discussion and bless your baby girl with a miraculous healing. I will be praying heavily for this.

PamO said...

Lifting you all up and praying for God's hand to comfort and heal.
Heart hugs,
Pam

The Portas said...

I am so so sorry to hear this. Know that many people are holding ALL OF YOU close in prayer. xo

Tina:0) said...

I am so sorry to hear of this news. Know that we are keeping all of you in our prayers & standing in agreement with you!

Tayarra said...

Praying!

Amber said...

Believing in miracles...and praying very hard for you, your hubby, and your precious daughter that we've all come to love through this blog.

Hugs and Prayers
AmberK

Colton's Journey said...

Victoria and Justin,
My heart is so heavy to hear such news. Prayers for Moriah that she will continue her strength. Prayers of wisdom for the doctors. Prayers of any and all kinds for you both.

Jolene Philo said...

What difficult news for you to hear. The good news is that Moriah is with you today, and all her life she's been surrounded with your love. This is your day to love her more.

Praying for you,
Jolene

kj said...

praying

amybucklin said...

I am so very sorry to hear this.

I am praying for strength and peace for you, Justin and your family. Praying for healing for dear, dear Moriah. Praying for wisdom for the doctors.

PRAY4CALLIE said...

I know just how hard it is to hear news like that, especially when things appear so GREAT on the outside. It can be very frustrating! We have heard so many times through out the past 2 1/2 years, that Callie might be at the end of her rope as far as options. It's always a rollercoaster. But, over this course of time, I have learned to take everything said, with a grain of salt because things change in a blink of an eye and like you said, Moriah is in God's hands:) Stay optimistic, Moriah will be fine, she's a fighter, she is here for a reason:) Praying for peace and comfort for you guys and that Moriah's pressures will be PERFECT!!!

Jenna said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. Moriah is in my prayers always. God will take care of her, he always has.

hannah m said...

You're so on my mind and heart so much right now. All my love, hope, faith, prayers your way...

Moriah & Friends’ List of 50 Disability-Inclusive Children’s Books

Hiya Friends!  This list has been in the making for the past year as I've come across numerous disability-inclusive children's books...