The chunkamunk is going to LPCH tomorrow to have an MRI of her gall bladder (will explain more in a bit) and will then be transferred to the OR to have her broviac removed (woohoo)!
It will be our first experience as an outpatient on the ventilator, and I'm a little nervous to be doing it by myself. Justin is away on a business trip for the next 10 days, but thankfully my parents are flying up to help.
So, regarding M's gall stones - the Doctors are not convinced that they are the reason for her pain episodes. From the ultrasounds, they don't see any inflammation in her gall bladder, and all her blood tests are normal (if her gall stones were causing a problem, then her numbers would most likely be off in the bloodwork). So, the MRI might help to make this picture a little clearer - no pun intended ;-)
When describing her pain episodes to her surgeon, Dr. Hartman, he said that they sound neurogenic, and go more along the lines of what they have diagnosed as "abdominal migraines."
I happen to agree since I see it being cyclical, and similar to what we dealt with when we were home with Moriah, but you never know - I was really surprised to learn that she had gall stones in the first place!
And the fact that she is having her broviac removed is a good sign! M had it put in because of all the IV antibiotics she was receiving - but we haven't used it in months now. Plus, the broviac is dislodged so it won't work. Justin and I will be happy to get it out because our naughty daughter keeps pulling it every night when we give her a bath - we can't take our eyes off her for 2 seconds and it's already in her hands =)
Anyway, I will try to update tomorrow night and let you know how the day goes. They have an ICU bed reserved just in case there are any complications, but I'm betting we will be back at CRC in the evening.
Love,
Victoria
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Moriah & Friends’ List of 50 Disability-Inclusive Children’s Books
Hiya Friends! This list has been in the making for the past year as I've come across numerous disability-inclusive children's books...
-
It's finally here, my friends!!! I'm so honored and excited to be putting "Hiya Moriah" out into the world. It is such a...
-
Today's presentation about the CVICU went well! It was a beautiful setting at the Allied Arts Guild in Menlo Park, and the audience cons...
-
Hiya Friends! This list has been in the making for the past year as I've come across numerous disability-inclusive children's books...
9 comments:
Wishing, hoping and praying for good news about little Chunkamunk :)
Give her a big hug from her big fan
I've been reading your blog for about 6 months now, and I love your positive outlook and the fact that you take time to celebrate the little things with your daughter. So many families just totally miss that..and it's refreshing to find a couple who appreciate every monent they have with their child.. I will be praying for Moirah tomorrow!
Hoping all goes well with Princess M! I am so happy that she is getting more than one thing OUT! I hope you get to enjoy the priveledge of being an outpatient!
Hoping surgery and everything went well today. I am so behind because of everything going on here, but you are always in my thoughts and prayers. Will be checking in again on you and that sweet little girl. Hugs and lots of love.
reading these posts, seeing these pictures, she's stolen my heart. and i ache and rejoice with you guys at the same time -- ache that moriah has to go through these things, rejoice that you two were ordained to be her parents.
i'm praying...
He's holding her.
I know Big Daddy above is holding her ever so tightly! I am praying for M and for you guys! I miss M! give her big kiss for me ;)
Praying all went well!! The pictures in the pool are adorable! You are an amazing and very inspirational family!!!
Love, Mason's Mommy
Just thinking of you guys today. Great pictures the past few posts. Hope everything went well last week.
Nick
looking forward to reading updates on her surgery. hope everything went well!
Post a Comment