We arrived by train, and got around via walking, cable cars, and buses. We just did the tourist thing, hung out, and spent quality time with one another.
The first day was rough for me to be away from Moriah, and I realized that I don't know how to relax anymore. After about fifty calls to my mom the first day, I knew I had to stop or else I wasn't going to enjoy my "getaway." Eventually, I stopped the perpetual calling, said a few prayers, asked God to watch over her, and got on with my vacation.
We arrived in the city late and hadn't eaten dinner yet. I was totally craving a burger, so instead of paying 20 dollars and waiting about an hour to eat one, we just went the fast food route. Yum!
It was nice because Justin knew his way around the city after working at the Quiksilver in Union Square - while Moriah was at LPCH, Quiksilver was kind enough to transfer him to their location up North. It was great because he knew all the spots to hit =)

The next day, we took the cable car down to the wharf

Where we got on a double decker tour bus...of course we sat on the top deck
F.Y.I. It was freezing the first day we were there. We had to bust out all our winter clothes, which was really hard to pack for when it was scorching hot in the South Bay

And saw all the sights...


It was pretty busy being Labor Day Weekend, so I also came to realize that I am a total germaphobe, and would sanitize or wash my hands about every chance I got. No way was I getting sick or bringing back germs to Moriah =)
All in all, we had a great time. This guy even caught another nap on the train before we arrived back home (I had to take a picture because he is so cute) as I sat on the edge of my seat the whole time, so excited to see my girl again!

When we got back, M was happy, and totally enjoying all the attention from her Nano and Maji. However, she was having a hard time breathing again, so we put her back on the vent, and kept her on it for the next day. Today, she is doing better and is off the vent. Tomorrow we have a GI appt. to address her gagging and pain.
Just continuing to pray that everything stays stable, and that we can move forward with getting her home safely.
Thanks for checking in on our family.
Lots of love,
Victoria


5 comments:
What a fun trip! It is so hard to leave these little ones and go enjoy ourselves. We get so involved in the day-to-day mommmyhood! I am glad you were able to go and relax. I love that you did all the tourist things! :)
I hope the GI has some answers to Moriah's pain and gagging, and that you guys are able to get that beautiful girl HOME soon!
Glad you guys had a break!! You deserved one! We are still thinking and praying for all of you....
p.s. I left a comment for Justin below...
It is so great you could getaway. I wish I had known you were in the City, it would have been fun to run into you and give you both a big hug.
You would have been creeped out, but I would have loved it! ;)
Rest assured you and little M are always in my Prayers.
I know she will make it home soon and you will be an expert at knowing exactly what she needs.
xxoo
I'm glad you were able to get away and eventually enjoy your time together refreshing your marriage. Moriah will be much happier if Mom and Dad are happy. You need to nurture yourselves in order t nurture her.
Blessings
Glad you guys were able to enjoy a nice little getaway, you defientely deserve it!
Post a Comment