We took M to her Cardiology appt. We were anxious to see how it would go since she was requiring more oxygen these days and having a hard time coming off the vent.

She got her EKG
And once her Echo was done, Dr. Wright, Moriah's most fantastic Cardiologist, gave us the most fantastic news - Moriah's heart looks good and her pressures are still normal! Woohoo!
With that said, Dr. Wright is getting us in to see a Pulmonologist at LPCH so that we can see what might be happening with her lungs. Plus, we would need to be plugged in with one since we are going home...which will happen one day, as soon as insurance sorts out their stuff.

We were all ready to leave LPCH when we saw that our tire had a nail in it, and was leaking air. Awesome! Even though Justin really had to get back to work and Moriah's vent battery only had so much time left on it, all we could do was laugh. It's seriously all you can do sometimes.
While Moriah and I were waiting for Daddy to fix everything, I heard that the Governator - yes, I said Governator - was at LPCH that day along with Steve Jobbs. They were passing a bill encouraging organ donation. Very cool. If I saw Steve Jobbs, I would have told him about the Stober family =)
Anyway, during this time, I also had a girl come up and ask me what happened to my daughter. I told her. I think we might get a lot of that as we start to go out more. We don't mind though - Justin is so cute and says that Moriah is his badge of honor =)

To top off our day, we got to meet Rolf Geyling, Rudy's Daddy!! If you haven't checked out their blog, Rudy's Beat, already, I highly encourage you to. They are such a wonderful family, and we were so excited to meet Rolf in person.
We ended the night with Rolf treating us to a late, but incredible dinner at Buca di Beppo. He turned into one of those friends who you never run out of things to talk about, and after they leave, you feel so encouraged. We love you Geyling Family!
Love,
Victoria
9 comments:
Victoria, I am sorry that we have not been in touch. We check up on you all the time through the blog but never post. Know that we are praying, have not forgotten about you all and love you oh so much! Keep the adorable pictures of that little one coming. Miss you so much!
Melinda, Chris, Ainsley and Naphtali
BEST. VISIT. EVER.
Love you, Nelson family!!
See you soon!
Rolf
What a day!!! I hope to meet Rudy's family too one day and seriously... I have to see Moriah next time or else I will go crazy!! December 8-10 we are there and we MUST get together!!
I love that her heart is doing so great... amazing!!
What a great day! I am so excited to hear that M's heart still looks so good. :) Fantastic news all around.
XOXO
What a fantastic update! I am glad to hear that her cardiology status is stable. That is great. :) I hope the pulmonary Dr can figure out why she needs the vent again, and that your insurance can get everything straightened out so you can all be home together soon.
Yeah!!! Those appointments can be so nerve racking - always a relief coming out of them with good news.
Dr. Wright is/was one of Chase's favorites at LPCH. She got to know our little girl too well :-)
A big catchup. Yes, it can and will happen again re the vent. With love Cx
I love this post! Well, besides the nail in the tire thing. That happened to us once on our way home from a hospital visit and you are so right. All you can do is laugh. And then get the tire fixed. :)
I'm so happy to hear Moriah had such a positive cardiology appointment! I love all of the photos of your sweet girl.
Loving the updates, again I am falling behind on everyone but I am glad to hear such great news about her heart. I also LOVE all the pictures she is adorable as always. My thoughts and prayers are always with you.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva
Post a Comment