Sunday, January 23, 2011

3 Years

My dearest Moriah,

3 years ago today, I never would have guessed that we would be where we are today.
You have been such a blessing and joy, and have taught us the true meaning of what it means to walk by faith.
I never knew I could love someone so much, and have my heart so intertwined with yours. While it has been one of the most trying journeys I've ever experienced, it has also been the most rewarding thing to be able to have you in my life.
Each and every day, I marvel over the miracle you are. 3 years ago, I was a very scared soon-to-be Mommy, unsure if I was equipped to be the parent of such a special little girl. Today, I can see that God has created you so perfectly to be my daughter, and me to be your Mom.

When you were only 5 days old, God gave this verse to me - just for you. It is one of the few moments where I have heard Him so loudly and clearly.
It is my prayer for you, my beautiful angel...

O LORD, YOU ALONE ARE MY HOPE. I'VE TRUSTED YOU, O LORD, FROM CHILDHOOD.YES, YOU HAVE BEEN WITH ME FROM BIRTH;FROM MY MOTHER'S WOMB YOU HAVE CARED FOR ME. NO WONDER I AM ALWAYS PRAISING YOU! MY LIFE IS AN EXAMPLE TO MANY, BECAUSE YOU HAVE BEEN MY STRENGTH AND PROTECTION. THAT IS WHY I CAN NEVER STOP PRAISING YOU; I DECLARE YOUR GLORY ALL DAY LONG." PSALM 71:5-8

You have come such a long way in three years, making your Daddy and I so, so proud. We cherish each of our days with you and with one another as a family. There are certain people that God puts in our lives in order to teach us these invaluable lessons - what a privilege and honor that you are one of them !

I wish you a very Happy 3rd Birthday, you beautiful girl!

My heart is forever yours.

Love always,
your Mommy

20 comments:

Dizneluver said...

Happy Birthday Moriah!!!

XOXOXO


Kelly D <>< :)

The Simmons Family said...

Beautifully written! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MORIAH!!!!

I hope your first birthday at home is PERFECT in every way!

Dotty said...

Happy birthday beautiful princess! your such a blessing. keep on shinning.

slater said...

Happy Birthday, Mo-Mo!!!!! I love you so much and am thankful all that you've taught me and my dear brother and sister.

Your dearest Uncle Steve

Cynthia said...

Happy Birthday sweet Moriah! Enjoy your birthday at home with lots of love!
Love,
Cynthia, Keith, & Brady Antaya

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MORIAH!!!

You are an amazing miracle born to amazing parents...an "example to many" the whole lot of you.

Thanking God for the Nelsons today!

Rolf, Trish, Wilson, Max, Olivia and Rudy

Sara said...

Happy 3rd Birthday Moriah!!!

So glad you get to spend it at home with your Mommy and Daddy!

cici said...

Happy Birthday Pumpkin.
xoxo

Colleen said...

Happy Birthday! I love the verse that your Mommy posted. I can tell that you are a very special and loved little girl!

Lori Osero said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl! What a Special (and lucky) girl to have such wonderful parents. Thanks for letting us follow your journey. I will forever be thankful and touched by YOU, Moriah. Have a GREAT Birthday..make sure your Daddy shares some cake with you, heehee.

Your friends forever

PRAY4CALLIE said...

HaPpY BiRtHdAy MoRiAh!!!!

We love you and wish you a very happy Birthday at home with your Mommy and Daddy:)

We are a very special little girl and we hope to meet you very soon;)

The Claytons said...

Happy Birthday to a wonderful, beautiful, amazing 3 year old little girl! I hope you have had a wonderful day Moriah!!

Crystal M. said...

Happy Birthday Moriah!!!

Kurby Family said...

Happy, HAPPY birthday beautiful girl! You have definitely taught your parents to persevere, keep the faith, and love, love, love. I don't comment often, but know I check in on you daily and think of you so much. You are an amazing little girl...excuse me, big sister!

Sariah,Chief Editor said...

Sooo sweet! I love checking in on you guys and seeing the progress Moriah has made and reading your inspiring entries. You have been so blessed through this journey and the fact that you recognize and rejoice inthe blessings is quite an example to many!! Happy Birthday Moriah...You rock!! :)

Chez Family said...

Happy Birthday sweet beautiful Moriah! What a blessing you have been to so many. Love you sweet girl!

Gina and the Gang said...

Happy Birthday to Moriah, and all of you!!!

Anonymous said...

What a moving post Victoria. You always find the right words..
We say Happy Birthday Moriah, and Happy Birthgiving Day Victoria!
We are looking forward to see lot's of fun pictures from your special day at home!
Hugs from Monterey, Patricia, James, girls & twins

Tracy said...

You brought me to tears! Happy Birthday beautiful girl! Wishing you and your family good health and much happiness this year and all of the years to come!

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

Happy belated birthday, Moriah! Hard to believe you are 3 already. You are an amazing little girl!

Moriah & Friends’ List of 50 Disability-Inclusive Children’s Books

Hiya Friends!  This list has been in the making for the past year as I've come across numerous disability-inclusive children's books...