Thankfully, we have an AMAZING pediatrician who is nearby, and she was more than willing to work with me so that I didn't have to bring Moriah in. Instead, I just went to their office to pick up a urine catheter kit, which our Nurse Shannon could do at home with M. Unfortunately, Moriah freaked out when we tried to even get near her area, which is when I contacted CRC to see if I can just get a urine bag from them to take her sample with. The problem with urine bags are that they become easily contaminated.
Anyway, CRC was more than willing to help us, gave us a bag, and we stuck it on Moriah despite her crying and fighting us =(
(I HATE having to do all this but I know that it is better we do it at home rather than being in an ER, be exposed to germs, and have some strangers do it).
We prayed for pee, and for a clean sample. We got some, and I rushed it back to the Dr's office.
The test came back VERY positive for a UTI.
I drove back to the pediatrician's medical center for the 3rd time and picked up antibiotics.
Even though we have been having some rough days, I was really thankful that we found the source of Moriah's infection. One point brought up by CRC was that we are doing a great job if this was her first fever since being home. That really stuck with me, and reminded me that things really have been going well.
Hopefully, we'll get this UTI zapped, and M will be on the up and up. While I understand that infections and medical procedures are apart of our journey, they have been fewer and farther between - and for this, I am grateful!
3 comments:
So glad to hear that there is a "reason" that can be easily fixed. I know it sounds bad, but sometimes with these heart kiddos, we like the "simple" infection that can be taken away by antibiotics! Hope she feels better SOON!!
oh gosh that's what reu had too:
- coxsockie virus and croup - Jan week 2
- UTI and ear infection - Jan week 3
- chronic diarrhea from antibiotics and blistered bottie rash Jan week 4
- Feb - back at school - hurrah!
d-mannose is also a good thing to take for UTI's as is prevents the bacteria from sticking to the urinary tract, i take a maintenance dose because i get them frequently
Post a Comment