My belly is getting bigger by the day. I can feel baby boy shakin' his groove thang every single day.

He's probably dancing to this Black Eyed Peas song because it has been my new favorite (although Justin might insist that his son is rocking out to his current fav by Temper Trap) =)
And big sissy can only cuddle with me at my side because of the basket ball that is in the way. Ha. Pregnant bellies are comical to me.


I have my 6 month appointment coming up this week. Sciatica has been bothering me on some days, and by nighttime I'll be limping along. Warm, hot showers have helped ease the pain a little bit. My weight gain has been pretty much on track even though on some days it feels like I weigh a lot more than I should. I'm not really concerned about it because I know I will eventually lose it like I did with Moriah. No, I won't be wearing my pre-preggo jeans soon after like some people can, but I will get there soon enough.
With Moriah, I did not read any baby books because I knew my experience was going to be very different, and that we were going to be in the hospital for a while. I didn't want to have any idea of what things "should" be like, and feel bad because that is not how it would happen with her...so I just stayed away from preparing-for-baby-type books altogether.
I think it's going to be a very different experience this time around, and I have been reading up on as much as I can. I feel like I won't know what to do with baby boy! Ask me how to start a feeding pump, vent the g-tube, or work an oxygen tank and I'll be fine. I don't know anything about breastfeeding, burping, or not having to deal with some type of cords being in the way. I know we will learn as we go along, but as far as baby experiences go, it will be like comparing apples to oranges...then again, I know that no child is alike, and I'm sure that's how it is for a lot of parents...



11 comments:
My friend who just had a baby after her trach/g-tube 2 year old...she says she will go to check the baby's g-tube and then remember - oh yeh, this guy doesn't have one!
We'll be learning all about baby boys together, I think! I'm so glad things are progressing nicely...you look glorious. I'm so proud of Moriah and her standing and crawling! She's come a long way, baby!
You look gorgeous and I'm sure you'll do great. After all, all that stuff was new to you with Moriah and you learned THAT crazy complicated stuff, so you can definitely learn and excel at the normal stuff. I have faith in ya.
Must be exciting! Thanks for the tunes. I'm rocking out while reading blogs!
I am sure that baby boy will be a total breeze after all of the things you have learned with Moriah. Although I have to say that boys come with a few more accessories that can provide some comic relief at diaper changes with their little surprises. (keep a towel handy) :)
Saying lots of prayers for all of you through the rest of your pregnancy and before too long, delivery! Praying for Moriah too!
ALL of my pregnancies were different and I am thankful for all of them. You are so cute preggo!!
You look great, Victoria! And so does sweet Miss M!!!
I can't believe how much she is doing, how much she is changing and developing! :-) I bet you're going to see TONS of changes in her after the baby is born. Preston was the best thing that ever happened to Gracie... he motivated her so much.
I can tell you, I was terrified, even with help, how I would manage it all. I think you will be as amazed as I was at how easily a "typical, healthy" baby is to take care of! I was so nervous, too, because I hadn't ever cared for a "typical" newborn... but it just came so naturally. Like you, I ditched all the books (at Gracie's birth), so I had to educate myself on what was "normal." It's a nice thing to have to adjust to, my friend! It is definitely, in some ways, like being a first time mom... but with all that you've endured, it will be a breeze in comparison. And, unlike most moms, you'll be grateful for the normal things that many others take for granted.
(even the embarassing terrible two temper tantrums... you'll smile and think, this is what I hoped and prayed for!)
I used to reach for the suction machine all the time when P would start to coo... I wasn't used to noises that didn't need to be "addressed!" I also instinctively was careful of his "mickey button," tubing, etc. every single time I picked him up! That lasted for weeks!
If I have one regret, it was that I was pretty territorial with Preston when it came to our wonderful nurse. I loved her... she was wonderful to all of us... but (and maybe some of it was hormones) I would barely let her hold him for the longest time. I think a piece of me wanted him all to myself because I had to share Gracie with so many people for so long. At the time, it seemed rational... now it just sounds foolish. The more to help and love on your babies, the better. And, it will be good for Moriah to see the same people who love on and care for her caring for baby boy. :-)
I am SO excited for you guys. Love seeing your baby bump! :-)
Kristi
PS... I am SO HAPPY that you have such a wonderful nursing team! I hope you guys know how blessed you are! :-)
You look gorgeous, Vic!
you have the cutest little belly!
I can't wait to see Moriah with a baby brother....she'll be the best big sister!
and...I'm with you on the Black Eyed Peas. Joe took me to see them in Vegas while I was 7 months pregnant with Isaac....and I shook that little guy all around the whole night!
take care...you're one amazing mama.
You are going to do a great job!! I love the pics!
Victoria you are absolutely gorgeous and adorable with that little belly! Enjoy every moment of your pregnancy - although mine were very similar - they turned out very different but regardless of that - you can never be totally prepared! That said, you are just going to absolutely love having a little boy - boys love their mamas!! I think that Moriah is going to be the best big sister ever!
Post a Comment