Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sept Mois

That means 7 Months in French. I took 4 years in high school and 3 years in college, and all I have to show for it is a very limited vocabulary because I've forgotten most of it. Don't ask me why I chose French over Spanish. The only time I ever really used it was during one summer that I was home from college and I worked at my mother-in-law's old surf shop. There was a family on vacation from France who spoke minimal English. I was really proud of myself for being able to communicate with them...not to mention I sold them some cute Roxy board shorts and tank tops. Yeaah.

Anyway, enough of my tangent. Let's get back to the fact that I won't be fitting into any Roxy board shorts or tank tops =)


I don't know why I had Justin take my picture at the end of a long day because I look so tired, but it was the only time I thought about doing it.
Pregnancy is still going well. Been getting lots of Braxton Hicks contractions so I just make sure to take it easy when I start feeling them a lot. The last thing I want is for this baby to come early. We have spent too much time in the hospital, and I will do everything I can to make sure that he stays in!

We do not have a night nurse still so I have tried my best to take on the shift so that Justin can sleep and be ready for work in the morning. My body is finally adjusting to the different sleep schedule, but I figure any type of schedule will all go out the window when baby boy comes.

My OB will actually be leaving to have her baby soon, which means I will be meeting my new Doctor soon. I hope it works out well - I'm really sensitive about who I pick to be my Doctor. After having our share of horrible Dr. experiences with Moriah, it is very important to me that I feel comfortable with this person, and that they take the time to answer our questions. Doctors who smile are always a plus for us =)

I think that's pretty much it. We've been meaning to do some posts about Moriah's current ventilator situation, the outreach ministry for LPCH patients and families, and our wheelchair-accessible van. We have both been very tired, especially since M had a really bad Cycle of Vomiting that lasted 24 hours on Friday, Justin being busy at work, and some more of our nursing shifts being canceled, it has been adding up. But we will get to it eventually.

Thanks for checking in.

Love,
Victoria

13 comments:

Happy4everafter said...

Adorable pic!! Can't wait til baby boy is here and Moriah is able to play with her little brother!! Good luck with the doctors switch ... I agree after years of cardios and stuff it's hard to find a comfy doctor!!

BEST OF LUCK!!

slater said...

Vic! You are SO beautiful as always! PS: love the new blogstyle. Late. slate.

Rachel said...

You look lovely! I will say a prayer for you and your family! Sorry the nursing schedule has been wonky, that stinks especially since you are pregnant and need the rest!! I hope you love your new doctor also!!

Cassie T. said...

Vic, you look fabulous, no matter how tired you feel. Hope those BH contractions aren't getting you down...I've had a few and they aren't fun! Especially when the little boy decides just then to give a nice swift one-two kick or punch. Yeowch!

The Nelsons have been in my thoughts and prayers lately. I really pray for this new doctor to be a godsend and that you will LOVE him or her to pieces!

We love you!
Tennys

Stefenie said...

I think you look great in your pic. You have that mommy glow!

Paying for your current nursing situation to get better.

Jackie said...

Hello sweet Victoria,
I am glad the pregnancy is going well. I continue to pray that you will find a peaceful schedule that works for all of you.

Love & Hugs
from the Truhes :)

cici said...

French is a beautiful language. My teacher in fourth grade taught us all our Prayers in French. I am sad to say I cannot remember them now, but then again I got a D in High School Spanish.
You look lovely and just the right size. ;)

Ellen Seidman said...

Hello! It is nice to meet you and the beautiful Moriah!
Congrats on your pregnancy, you look wonderful. I wish my body looked that good NOW (and I am not pregnant). :)

My mother persuaded me take Spanish in high school, and I will forever regret not learning French. Spanish came in handy when I studied in Italy in college, and like Italian, it's a very ebullient language, but, I so love the mellifluous way French sounds. Wow, it's been a long time since I used the word "mellifluous."

I hope the new doc rocks!

Kristi said...

YOU are beautiful!!!
I hope the doctor switch goes smoothly.
I am VERY unhappy that your nursing situation is still a problem. :( Make sure you take care of you, my dear.
Glad M's cycle is over... not glad it was 24 hours, but glad it wasn't longer.
And, did I mention... you are BEAUTIFUL!!!

Anonymous said...

Victoria, You are so beautiful, not to mention tiny. You look like you have a basketball tucked under your shirt.

I am so sorry to hear that your nursing situation is still a problem for you. I would think that with all Moriah's issues and your pregnancy your home would be a priority for nighttime care. I will be praying for a quick resolve to this problem.

Thank you for your kind note you left on my blog--so appreciated.

Blessings, Mari

The Portas said...

Victoria, you look BEAUTIFUL! Awww, cutest pregnant belly ever!

I cannot fathom your tiredness...my heart goes out to you. Again, wish we were closer so I could lock you in a room for a day and make you SLEEP! :) xo

Melissa said...

You look gorgeous, Vic! (as always)

Tracy said...

You look absolutely gorgeous Victoria! So happy that your pregnancy is going well and seriously...could Moriah be any cuter? I sure hope that Moriah and Finley are able to meet some day!

Moriah & Friends’ List of 50 Disability-Inclusive Children’s Books

Hiya Friends!  This list has been in the making for the past year as I've come across numerous disability-inclusive children's books...