I had a 31 week OB appt today with my new Doctor.
I knew I wasn't going to like how the appt would start because the Nurse told me the sugar in my urine was really high - AGAIN. Every time I go, I give a urine sample, and the sugar in it has been high since the beginning of my pregnancy. But I have had two glucose tests which have come back completely normal, and my blood pressure is totally normal.
So, the new Dr. looked at my charts, and told me that this was definitely not normal, and she was going to consult with a specialist to make sure I don't have some underlying kidney disease...once I heard that, I was totally bummed...and scared.
Then, the Dr. measured my belly, and it is now measuring 4 weeks ahead of schedule! I'm only 31 weeks, and it's measuring 35 weeks - two weeks ago at my appt., I was measuring right on track. Upon seeing this, the Dr. said that I have to get another ultrasound at LPCH to check everything out.
Now, my thoughts and emotions are running wild, my heart is heavy, and I don't know what to think. I practically ran out of my appt, and cried hearing all this news.
I just don't know how much more my heart can handle, and want everything to be okay.
So, yeah, I'm not doing so good right now.
28 comments:
Oh my sweet friend. Victoria, I am praying my heart out right now. We are praying for you and baby boy with so much love. xoxo
aww it makes me sad that you are worried and scared.
I just know everything will be fine.
The worst case scenario would be a little earlier baby boy, but if you haven't dropped yet you might measure bigger for sure now.
Sugar in urine is pretty common in Pregnancy and you have been under a lot of stress with Little Miss M, which can raise levels too.
I am Praying for a perfect ultrasound and your peace of mind and wish I could give you a big hug.
Keep us posted
sending hugs and prayers keep us updated pls
I'm sorry! I know exactly how you feel. I had almost the same thing happen with my 4-week old baby boy at about the same time in my pregnancy. I am happy to report that it ended up being nothing, just some extra fluid for no reason, but after going through what we did with Alice I was completely freaked out. I'll be hoping and praying that it's nothing for you too!
Oh no! I am so very sorry to hear all of this. I am sure you feel like you are riding an emotional roller coaster right now. {{{HUG}}}
Saying many prayers that everything with baby is totally fine and that you are completely healthy too!
I feel your heavy heart. :( I just have a very strong sense that everything is going to be ok...that you aren't going to have another heavy burden. Sending you peaceful prayers today!! xo
Praying for you now, that you would feel a deep sense of the Lord's peace and for protection and health for you and your little man.
Lori King
Hey friend, Love you so much! I know it ain't much, but I felt led to share this verse with you:
Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life. (Phil 4:6-7 (The Message))
I'm praying this for you and remember, through it all, He hasn't failed you yet.
Stv-o.
We are thinking of you and sending lots of prayers and love your way! Please let us know if you need anything! xoxo
(((Hugs))) and prayers!!!
We are praying for a perfect ultrasound! This baby boy is just keeping you on your toes. I loved all the mothers day pics with moriah in santa Cruz. I just adore her so much!
I'm praying for you my friend!
Fear not. God has this under His control. Let Him carry it for you.
I love you, sweet friend!!
And, I think it's time for another belly picture. Let's see that 31 week belly. :)
Praying for you Victoria
We love you, Nelsons! I imagine something like this can strike a unique kind of panic because you know something about how grueling outcomes can be. So we are praying for special doses of grace on you today.
Peace and comfort,
Rolf and Trish
Everything is going to be OK. Praying for you.
Oh Victoria, I'm so sorry you have to have even a possible worry creep onto your plate. I have told so many people lately ... this pregnancy thing is not for the feint of heart! So I am praying God strengthens you in the shadow of His wing and gives you a peace uncommon to this world. And, of course, that this sweet little boy would be 100% healthy!!!
Hoeny, you are the strongest person I know, and I know that you are being given LESS than you CAN handle, because I know that HE will not give you even a tiny bit more than that. I know its hard, take a breathe and feel His arms around you...
I am praying that everything goes well for you. Love & Hugs
Praying for you, your family and your baby boy tonight. I hope everything goes well at your u/s and you get to see a perfectly healthy baby boy!!
I can only imagine the heart ache you are in now. We are praying for you and baby boy. i am adding you to our prayer chain at church.
I had gestational diabetes with both my pregnancies, and this produced large babies--my oldest weighed 10.14. Praying you are simply having a large baby.
--Blessings, Mari
oh girl...you will be in my prayers tonight.
I hope you get answers soon...so that you can relax....and enjoy that expanding belly.
kahty
Victoria, my heart hurts for you. Keep you head high, you are such an amazing, strong, courageous woman! I will be praying that all goes well at LPCH and they can shed some light on the situation.
That little boy is just letting you know how exicited he is to meet his beautiful family:)
Awh sweet lady, try your best to relax and not stress! I know that seems impossible at 31 weeks, when your hormones are raging. But, look at all the many things you've faced, conquered, and overcome. You are super strong and will deal with this just like you have everything else -- with grace, courage and unshakable faith.
Our thoughts are with you and we're sending you all our best! Hang in there! ;0) Anna & Andi Bean
Firstly, the belly measurement is so pointless. It means absolutely nothing. Secondly, the glucose thing probably means nothing too if your GD tests came back fine. Whatever happens to your body during pregnancy, they say its all normal. Plus, if the baby has serbian blog it will be big for sure- both mine were over 4 kilos, my cousin had a baby over 6 kilos(!!!). Ive read your blog many times and am so inspired by your beautiful family and unwavering smiles. You truly are blessed to all have each other. Sending you prayers.
Victoria, I am so sorry you are going through this. I just believe everything is going to be fine. Maybe your kidneys are just a bit taxed and are not excreting enough amniotic fluid. Lucas and I look forward to giving you a big hug on Sunday. Lacey
My heart, thoughts and prayers are with you all. Hang in there and remember your faith.
hugs,
Crystal and Eva
Here's hoping everything is just fine! Maybe the doctor just forgot to pack his tact in his briefcase that morning!
Saying a prayer for your family!
Post a Comment