Monday, February 4, 2013

Johor Bahru, Malaysia: Part VII

Ok, I'm not quite done with my Malaysia series. I have just one more to go after this. 
I didn't want to leave out our time in Johor Bahru because we spent a lot of time hanging out here since my two Uncles and their families live in this city. 
This means there was lots of time playing with the cousins!
L to R: Auntie Nina, Mishu, Jadon, Amrit, and Simran
I'm a mother of two, and I'm still involved in dog piles
#dontjudge #pooramy
This was just one of the many nights we were out. 
I absolutely love this picture of my Grandmother with 4 of her 7 children. 
L to R: Uncle Shika, Auntie Nina, Uncle Meherwan, Maji, and Auntie Jindre
It was my Uncle's Birthday, and my Auntie Kiran threw a fabulous dinner party for him. 
Cheers! 
(It doesn't surprise me that Jadon came out of this trip learning how to "cheers") 
Another night, another dinner
L to R: Prabhdev, Auntie Kiran, Steve, Uncle Shindu, Sunil Uncle Shika, Alex, Sarah, Parisha
And if we weren't eating, we were out dancing.
We enjoyed a performance at some Thai club one night. It was okay. 
                             
I think that we had more fun wearing these Santa hats, and having our own little party in the corner.
I was really happy that we packed in a banana leaf dinner on one of our last nights of the trip
                              
I don't know if it's just me, but I think the food tastes better when you eat with your hands...and when you eat your food off of a leaf
L to R: Auntie Jindre with Jadon, Amy, Uncle Meherwan, Harjan, and my Mom
       Note: there is a right way and a wrong way to eat with your hands. 
After a few chuckles watching Amy, we taught her how to do it properly.
We'll make a Punjabi out of her in no time ;-)

...a very fair-haired, fair-skinned Punjabi...
Chak de phatte! =)

No comments:

Moriah & Friends’ List of 50 Disability-Inclusive Children’s Books

Hiya Friends!  This list has been in the making for the past year as I've come across numerous disability-inclusive children's books...