Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Weekend 2009

As you all know, Kum Mike and Kuma Amy flew in from Colorado and Auntie Kaela flew from Washington to be with us this past weekend. Amy and Kaela were my college roomates, and have become some of my closest friends over the years. From being in my wedding to lots of calls and prayers when Moriah was born, these girls are friends for life. I had so much fun with them as they definitely bring out the goofy side in me (Kaela will say that it's mostly Amy who does this, and usually she doesn't want to be associated with us when we get as silly as we do...actually neither do Mike and Justin...but that's okay...we had fun! =))

Mike, Amy, and Moriah


Kaela and Moriah.
Kaela knit this beautiful blanket for Moriah, and also bought her Ox, the blue monster. Years ago, we had a roomie reunion in Seattle and Kaela bought this same monster from a random store. We teased her about spending/wasting ;-) her money on something like that. When we were in downton Palo Alto, we came across another random store that carried it, and now, Moriah has Ox too - like her Auntie Kaela. It's "their thing." =)

After church on Sunday. We went to Abundant Life Christian Fellowship in Mountain View with Pastor Paul Sheperd. It was amazing, and we had a great time in the Word.


**We did the TOURIST things**

Downtown Palo Alto at Patxi's (justin's favorite pizza place)

University Street

They have these random pictures on the side of buildings throughout downtown. I decided to pose next to this one since we were waiting for the guys to pick us up.


Golden Gate Bridge

We asked the lady taking the picture to get the bridge behind us. This is what we got.

Can you tell it was FREEZING?


Lombard Street. It was so cool! I remember going down the street when I was a little kid and being scared. I was good this time around ;-)



Union Square. Of course we visited Justin at work, and did some shopping.

Okay. There is a story behind this. When we were in college, we watched the Wedding Singer, and couldn't get over the part when the old lady puts the meatballs in Adam Sandler's hands. Her face was classic, and we have always done "our old lady" pose everywhere we went. 75 % of our college pictures consisted of us doing this.

We ended our day going to Old Pro, in Downton Palo Alto, eating really healthy food and watching the rest of the Lakers/Nuggets game. It was such a sad night with the Lakers losing. I was sitting at the table with three Nuggets fans. Get outta here! =)

The only reason I took this picture of Mike and Amy was because the girl behind Amy was wearing one of those BumpIts in her hair (I didnt want amy to be obvious and turn around). we had just seen it in the beauty shop the day before and we were wondering what it would really look like. We decided they were not for us. Good thing you didn't order it from the infomercial Ames. =)

Back to the hospital, getting in our Moriah time.

Amy, Kaela, and Moriah doing sensory play with water. Moriah was still not totally herself at this point, but you can tell she enjoyed it nonetheless. It was obvious that having everyone around to love on her helped her with her recovery.


What good Aunties.


Before taking them to the airport, we walked around the Stanford campus. It was beautiful, and we enjoyed their delicious frozen yogurt at the student union (thanks for the suggestion Robin!).




We had such a good weekend with our friends. It totally lifted our spirits. We love you guys. Thank you for EVERYTHING.

9 comments:

Tanya said...

Looks like such a fun time with your good good friends. Thanks for this fun post. Glad you had some friend time and that Moriah seemed to be coming around. Sorry it was a cool day in SF the day you were there. I am hoping it is warm when I get there. I do love all of your pictures and your posts bring smiles to my face. Thanks for the updates on your sweet girl. I do hope that she is back to her normal self very very soon.
hugs,
Tanya

Crystal M. said...

I am so happy you got to have such a wonderful weekend with wonderful friends.
Thoughts and prayers are with Moriah and I hope your weekend helped you clear your head and feel refreshed.
Hugs,
crystal and Eva

hannah m said...

Yay for fun adventures with dear friends! So glad you all had this time together - Miss M looks so happy with her aunties!

hannah m said...

PS Your meatball pictures crack me up, girl! :-)

Gina and the Gang said...

Oh my gosh, you look like you had a great weekend, and I'm so glad you had time to enjoy yourself. And Moriah looks AMAZING in those pictures!!

Andrea said...

Hi Victoria,
I'm so glad you got to get out with your friends and have a good time! It looks absolutely refreshing! It was wonderful to see you and Moriah today...you are truly inspirational! Here is the blog for the family I introduced you to today (Michelle, Peter and Baby Lucas) http://rietkerkfamily.blogspot.com

joseph-kenya said...

hey guys, you must have enjoyed that time having enomous fun together, i kind of envy and wish was in that company, i feel great to be a part of you. Your continued Hope, love, trust and faith and togetherness is amazing.
For little M. much prayers today

my life: said...

So glad that you are all loved up and loved on!!!! :0)
I just read that Andrea was up again...yay!
Sweet baby...please snuggle her for me and tell her how much I love her!!!!!!
xoxo

Caitlin said...

You guys all look great. I'm so glad you got to spend the weekend together. I just read this post and the wedding anniversary post. I remember your gorgeous wedding, I can't believe it has been 4 years! I am sending positive thoughts and prayers to your family and of course Moriah in particular. I think of all of you often.
Love,
Caitlin

Moriah & Friends’ List of 50 Disability-Inclusive Children’s Books

Hiya Friends!  This list has been in the making for the past year as I've come across numerous disability-inclusive children's books...