We've known each other since we were 12 years old. We both won "Best Personality" in 8th grade, and there's a picture in our 8th grade yearbook with us standing back to back, shaking hands with other people. I wish I still had this pic. Anyway, this was our first sign of compatibility ;-)
We didn't actually start dating until we were in 10th grade. Justin sat behind me in Miss Holstead's Biology class. He would tell me I had great hair, and that I must use good shampoo because I didn't have any split ends. So lame. =) I'll give him a break. He was only 16.
When we were 18, we both accepted Christ into our lives. This is when our lives changed. And so did our relationship...all for the better.
We got married going into our senior year of college, and my parents blessed us with the most beautiful wedding in Malibu, California(I wish I had more pics of this to post as well! I only have the same one that I use over and over again).

We graduated from CU Boulder

Then we bought a house in Louisville, and decided to set up shop. However, as soon as we found out we were expecting, I knew I wanted to be back in California to be around our family and so we sold the place.

Ever since we moved back two years ago, our things have still been in storage, and our lives unsettled. Everything has been a whirlwind since I was sixth months pregnant and we found out about Moriah's heart defect.
We have been on a total rollercoaster ride since our daughter was born.
But there is no other man in the world that I would rather be living this life with...that I would rather have hold my hand or give me a hug after a hard day.
I love Justin with all my heart, and couldn't have wished for a more devoted, adoring, loving husband. He is my best friend. He is my soul mate. He is my partner for life.
Happy Anniversary, babe. =)
I love you.
*Here is a post I did later that includes pictures from when we were younger*
I Married My Best Friend
11 comments:
Awesome story! So sweet. Happy 4th Anniversary. Hope ya'll have a wonderful day.
Kim
Congratulations, Vic and Justin!!
I hope you guys have a very happy anniversary!
Y'all are such an encouragement to Ben and I and are an amazing testament of what a Godly marriage looks like. Thank you!
Love you both!
Melissa
Happy Anniversary to one of the worlds greatest and strongest couples!!!
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva
Happy Anniversary to you both! I loved learning more about you! Hang in there...you're on the roller coaster of life together and that's a great place to be!
Praying for you both...and sweet Moriah!
Beatuiful story and beautiful post!Happy 4th Anniversary Victoria and Justin!! Hope you have a great day. Praying for you all.
Hugs,
Tanya
Aw. What a precious story. It brings tears to my eyes. The love you have for each other is apparent to everyone. I'm so glad that God placed you two together to love, support and encourage each other. Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary to two wonderful people - who together make one amazing couple, and who parent amazing Moriah so lovingly and naturally.
Great story! Happy Anniversary! Hope you have a great day!
Congratulations on your beautiful marriage and anniversary! Just caught up on all your news. With love Cx
Happy Anniversary to an amazing couple... what a bond, friendship, love, partnership... just a beautiful story.
Justin - - I love the shampoo and split ends line... and clearly it worked for you! :-)
Victoria - - someone out there MUST have access to that pic from the 8th grade... I hope when it makes its way to you that you'll post it! :-) Maybe the school library keeps the yearbooks...? You just have to have that photo! It's part of your story! :-)
...please where can I buy a unicorn?
Post a Comment