Friday, April 30, 2010

Our Special Community

*Update*
The community is up and running.
You DO NOT have to have a blog to participate (i'm pretty sure about this but someone correct me if i'm wrong)
You can respond to discussions, start discussions, or just be a stalker and read what everyone is writing (sooo kidding - i love to lurk too) ;-)
Pass it on to anyone you think would find it appealing.
Again, our intention with this is to try and create a place where we can lean on one another for advice, support, create friendships, etc....
happy blog frogging!

I always talk about Blog World being a special community for all of us families who have children with medical and/or special needs.
With that in mind, I just installed a "Community" widget on our side bar. I have NO idea how to work it :-) but will hopefully learn soon.
I'm hoping this will be a place where we can all come together and lift one another up, ask each other questions, and share experiences/advice - about anything from heart defects to g-tubes to coping with stress, etc.
I think it works that if you join, your blog posts will show up each time you publish, and you are able to post discussion questions about any subject.

Let me know if any of you are interested.
If not, I won't have to waste my time setting it up =)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I just loved the picture of your and moriah outside together. Thats where mommy and baby need to be more - just togeher outside! FYI I met a woman yesterday who is on a vent 24/7 and lives in Fresno. I asked her and she said Apria does her vent home care. Why cant Apria do the same out here? Anyway...beautiful photo and I will send out the next Basic date this weekend. Lacey

Victoria Nelson said...

haha, okay i started leaving comments on our friend's blogs to let you guys know about this community, but then i got lazy and stopped. i might start up again later.
pass it on if you'd like =)

Catherine L said...

Will finish setting up later. What a harrowing week for us.

http://www.blipfoto.com/catherinelacey

Hoping he'll be home today or tomorrow in time for his 3rd birthday. UK trip cancelled. No school graduation. Trach back to get him through 4 terrible infections. Could use all the prayers i can get right now

The Simmons Family said...

I just joined!! We're in town. I don't know our plans yet.. but leave me your number so I can text you.

andreanicolesimmons@hotmail.com

Owen threw my old phone in the pool and I lost all my info.. I used to have your number programmed!! :)

Sariah,Chief Editor said...

Loved the letter...that is definitely what we all want as parents of our little ones. That is great that she has taken the time to create the care program.

I am happy too that Moriah has surgery coming up :) really... maybe it will make a huge difference!

I will participate in the community, thanks for taking time to do it...I think it will be very helpful.

Moriah & Friends’ List of 50 Disability-Inclusive Children’s Books

Hiya Friends!  This list has been in the making for the past year as I've come across numerous disability-inclusive children's books...