Sunday, July 18, 2010

CRC's Picnic at the Park

So, on Saturday, CRC hosted the most incredible BBQ for all the families. Through this time, we have talked about how much we love the staff at CRC, and how much they mean to us. It is obvious to see that they put their heart and soul into what they do, and that they really go above and beyond for the patients...this picnic that they hosted at the local park was no exception...

CRC Family

Chef/RT Brandon made the BEST BBQ ribs we have ever had!
Not only did the patient's families at CRC go, but so did the staff's families. I heard that 100 people RSVP'd - this was some picnic


CRC staff - they made several trips and transported all of the kids there via bus (Justin and I were able to walk there with M since we are signed off)


Henry's fam, along with Truong's and Nolan's family's


Marla and RT Izra


Mom, Nancy and daughter, Jocelyn


Preston's fam


Our lovely spot in the shade


Baba and Moriah


Moriah showing her grandmother all her tricks



Me and my happy girl - she loooved being outside


Even though I already fed this chunky monkey


She kept trying to eat those delicious ribs! One day, pumpkin, one day.


Flying with Daddy


And pulling off socks
They even organized an egg toss - watch out Justin!
(I was actually the one who ended up getting slimed...and then I chased my gloating husband and put egg yolk in his hair =) )


Everyone after the egg toss


CRC, all your effort and hard work definitely made a lasting impression on this family...
We love you guys!

1 comment:

hannah m said...

What a blessing the people at CRC are...I'm so touched by the beautiful day they created so families could hang out on picnic blankets with their sweeties in the fresh air, eating yummy food and getting slimed with eggs! Moriah looks so happy and I love her cool kicks, by the way!

Moriah & Friends’ List of 50 Disability-Inclusive Children’s Books

Hiya Friends!  This list has been in the making for the past year as I've come across numerous disability-inclusive children's books...