I have not.
But I kind of did one today in my head...making it up as we went along.
We had several "firsts" today, which I will get into in a minute. So far, I have two items on my list that I knew I would get to cross off today. I know this is not how a bucket list works, so I called mine the ghetto bucket list =)
Anyway, that was probably way too much information, and now onto the list...
#1 Drive in the car with Moriah! It was the first time driving with her in almost two years. We used part of the money from Prayer Child Foundation to buy her a new carseat and stroller (the other one broke). It's so nice to feel like we are her parents again!
#2 Go to church with Moriah! (if I continue with this bucket list, I'm probably going to have exclamation marks after everything).
This was something that was on mine and Justin's hearts for so long. Everytime they would call the children up for the children's message, we would be sad that M wasn't there with us.
Today, that changed, and she was able to go up! When Pastor Jason told her that Jesus loves her, she burst into giggles...it was something that she totally knew =)
In addition, they prayed over her for the heart cath tomorrow.
I'm hoping to sit down and actually compile a better list soon =)
To a stranger, my (ghetto) bucket list would be an absolute bore, and wouldn't make sense...drive in the car with your child, go to church?? What's exciting about that?
But all of you who know our story, know that these are amazing accomplishments for our family. We thank you for continuing to stand by us...
Lots of love,
Victoria
P.S. I will be updating via Twitter (on our sidebar) to let everyone know how it goes tomorrow with Moriah's heart catheterization
13 comments:
up late and praying for baby girls day tomorrow!
xxoo
Love you guys! Praying for things to go well today!
I love your bucket list. These are moments in life that others may take for granted, but they are treasures for you. I can totally relate!
I love your list! I've been following your blog for awhile now and you guys are an amazingly awesome family of God!! I can relate too because this was our first Sunday we got to take our little one to church with us and we were BLESSED! It was great to finally go as a family =) Praying for you and your family always!
amazing, amazing, amazing! How amazing is it, to see how far she has come and to see how totally rockin' our God is...all I can say is amazing! So glad you used the money from the prayer child foundation for a new car seat and stroller. Love you guys!
This is amazing! We're totally with you on these being major milestones and we share your joy. You are such incredible models of devotion and celebrating within your circumstances--whatever they may be. There is so much in this journey that can embitter us, yet you do not let it steal your joy. Thanks for including us in your celebrations this weekend, the picnic (WOW) and Grandpa's Birthday (27--that's OLD!!) Oh wait, that means Justin was 11 when I turned 27. I'm depressed now. Forget about all the nice things I just said...;-).
You are amazing. We're praying for the cath.
Rolf
I am so happy to see M's progress. I think of you guys all of the time and pray for her success during the procedure...Great to see you experience life with your little angel the way that you should. I too know how it feels to get to do the little things with your child. Praying for you all. Love, Lisa and Little Victoria
Friend, you are cracking me up with the title of this post. You are too funny. The smile on my face is HUGE knowing you drove with your sweet girl in the car and took her to church with you. BIG moments - my nose tingles with delight for you! Can't wait to see what's next on your ghetto bucket list :-) (By the way, I think one of the joys of list making - even for fun bucket lists - is writing things you've already done down so you can cross them off right away!)
Thinking of you three today. xo
I like your style...write the list as you go, that way there's not a ton of pressure and each one feels like a true accomplishment instead of something that is simply sought after. I wonder how many people have lists they can't actually check off. Write as you go...Jesus style, one day at a time :)
You guys, it just made my day to get to meet Moriah at church yesterday. She seems like the kinda gal I would love to hang out with! What a special miracle it was to have her there and to see you interact with her. You are a beautiful family that Jesus is blessing every day.
So thankful to hear Miss M's heart is looking good!! Praise the Lord!!
Love, cassie
on Saturday I was sitting at Starbucks doing homework (Litigation) and I suddenly had it on my heart to pray for you three and Moriah going to church. God is so amazing. I am thrilled to hear you were able to take her, and I can only imagine the smiles on your faces.
Lovin' your list! :-) And, even more, loving that the first two items are crossed off already! What an amazing day you had!
I've been thinking of you all day and am so glad to see the tweets in the sidebar :-)
Exhale, friends, and get some rest.
(Love Andronico's! John used to work at one years ago... yummy!)
Love it. What an exciting day ~ we're so happy for you! May this be one of many more!!!
Post a Comment