Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Maji's 80th Birthday: Part VIII

My last night in Malaysia was spent the absolute best way I could have ever asked for. 
We celebrated my Grandmother's 80th Birthday!
Being able to attend this party and spend time with her was the whole reason for my trip. 
I spent the whole night soaking it all in...
My grandmother with 6 of her children, 4 who flew from around the world to be there
The Grandchildren (1/3 of them, at least)
Beautiful Sisters
Amy, just one of the kids =)
My beautiful Auntie Kuldeep with my Uncles
My brother and I with Maji
My Grandmother working it on the dance floor.
 In my family, there is no such thing as having a party without dancing...no matter where you are. 
At the end of the night, we went around the room saying what my Grandmother meant to us. 
The common theme was how selfless and loving she is to each and everyone of us. 
Photo taken by my cousin, Manveer
I am honored to be the granddaughter of such an amazing woman. 
Happy 80th Birthday Maji. 
I named my daughter after you, hoping that she would be just as strong as you... we can all see now that she is!
I love you.

2 comments:

Vivian said...

I LOVED these post...made me feel i was on the trip with you. a very beautiful place & family. i will never be able to go there but now i have had a view thru these wonderful pictures.
so happy you were able to go and have a great time!!!

Anonymous said...

Love seeing about Malaysia! My uncle moved there almost 12 years ago. It's nice to see because I'll never be able to visit.
Sara

Moriah & Friends’ List of 50 Disability-Inclusive Children’s Books

Hiya Friends!  This list has been in the making for the past year as I've come across numerous disability-inclusive children's books...