Today is Moriah's 9th birthday, and even though she is in heaven, I still have this need to acknowledge and celebrate.
Yesterday, I was led to do something I haven't done in over a year: I watched my remarks at Moriah's memorial. The reason's are obvious...the pain was so raw and fresh, that I've chosen to avoid it. But yesterday was different. I needed to watch it. I needed to remember. I needed perspective.
How desperately do we need perspective in our current day...I get caught up in the day-to-day like everyone else. I see the fears of friends and family, whether it be in conversation or a post on Facebook.
But the one thing that Moriah taught me is that fear can sometimes be nothing more than distraction. Hope is not found in rulers, rules, regulations and requirements...Hope is found in relationship.
My hope for today is that Moriah affects your perspective. That her life points you into a relationship that is truly the only real hope we have. If you have 20-30 minutes, watch what I said at her service at the link below. #sayIdo
Much Love, Justin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeq8cpnVDbg&t=20m52s
Yesterday, I was led to do something I haven't done in over a year: I watched my remarks at Moriah's memorial. The reason's are obvious...the pain was so raw and fresh, that I've chosen to avoid it. But yesterday was different. I needed to watch it. I needed to remember. I needed perspective.
How desperately do we need perspective in our current day...I get caught up in the day-to-day like everyone else. I see the fears of friends and family, whether it be in conversation or a post on Facebook.
But the one thing that Moriah taught me is that fear can sometimes be nothing more than distraction. Hope is not found in rulers, rules, regulations and requirements...Hope is found in relationship.
My hope for today is that Moriah affects your perspective. That her life points you into a relationship that is truly the only real hope we have. If you have 20-30 minutes, watch what I said at her service at the link below. #sayIdo
Much Love, Justin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeq8cpnVDbg&t=20m52s
2 comments:
Thank you for sharing this. Truly beautiful and touching. Sending prayers and thoughts your way always. Thankful for your loving family.
Happy Birthday my little Angel. I saw many rainbows this week :)
God Bless you, Victoria and your Family today and always.
xo
Post a Comment