Saturday, December 1, 2018

Hiya Moriah

Dearest Friends and Family,

Today, I let the tears flow freely. Today marks 4 years since Moriah went to Heaven, and there isn’t a day that goes by where I don’t miss her or think of her. But, today, it is with great honor that I announce the children’s book I wrote in tribute to her...writing it with Moriah and all her friends in mind.

I wrote the first few pages soon after Moriah passed away on December 1, 2014, but never finished it due to my heart still breaking. Several years later, in 2016, I wrote the rest of the story in one afternoon and early in 2018, I received a publishing deal after I worked one whole year with an illustrator! But, unfortunately, due to a misunderstanding with the illustrator, there was a falling out, and I lost my publishing deal.
I picked up the broken pieces, moved forward, and found another illustrator. One thing that I learned through Moriah is that not everything goes as I expect or plan. We completed the book over the summer, and I submitted it to the same publisher, Koehler Books, who showed me total understanding and grace through this whole process.

Now, I’m happy to present to you, Hiya Moriah, coming out in March 2019!

My author website is at www.victorianelsonbooks.com where you can learn more about the book, and what’s to come.

I’m forever grateful for all of you, and the support you have always shown our family.

Love always, 

Victoria, Moriah's Mom

No comments:

Moriah & Friends’ List of 50 Disability-Inclusive Children’s Books

Hiya Friends!  This list has been in the making for the past year as I've come across numerous disability-inclusive children's books...