A lot of people have asked Victoria and I, "How can we help? What can we do to make things better?" It's pretty humbling. I can't help but be moved by people's willingness to give and help those that have gone through similar trials.
Some wanted to help our family. We have appreciated it so much. Others wanted to help other kids, other parents.
Maybe you have given to some of the awesome charities that we have been able to be apart of.
Victoria and I have wondered too. We've been able to see so many different needs, you feel like you just want to help everyone and do everything. I can still remember praying when we were first at CHLA, "God, what do you want our family to do? How are we supposed to respond to all this?"
For years we have thought about this...and the same answer seems to keep coming up.
I would be bothered by a simple question when I was at the hospital, Ronald McDonald House or subacute facilities, "Jesus, where are you in all this? Where is your church?"
There is no way our family could have gotten through this if Jesus was not carrying us through. When you are in such crazy circumstances, there is no fear when talking with other families about God because it seems like everyone is searching for the same answers. To be honest, the world doesn't have too much to offer. People are desperate for Hope...Hope that things will get better, that the pain is not wasted.
It has gotten to a point to where Victoria and I have no other response...
We want to start a church...a church that serves families at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital and the Ronald McDonald House.
After being through it ourselves, we know that while at the hospital, we couldn't take too much time away from Moriah, nor did we want to travel too far in case of an emergency... yet we truly needed to be supported spiritually.
The vision for this church is to be a place for families to take a moment to get away, be encouraged, and be in the Word of God. We want it to be a place where Hope can be offered in the midst of utter turmoil.
We have made reservations to meet at a local restaurant in Palo Alto, very close to both LPCH and Ronald McDonald House (we are unfortunately not allowed to meet at the hospital or Ronald McDonald House).
So in order to do this, we are reaching out for help. It is going to cost around $1,300 a month to meet at the location. We hope to have our first service on February 20th.
Our home church in San Jose, City Church, has been a huge support. They have set up an easy way for people to give. Simply click here, and anyone can make a safe and secure donation. In order to ensure all funds go for this church plant, please write "Packard Plant" in the delegation line. Each gift is also tax-deductible.
We don't want anyone to give out of obligation...we are only talking to those who God might be leading.
If you are interested in joining us on Sunday's, please email me at nelsonjk5@gmail.com for more information.
We are excited to finally take this next step, and provide a church support for families who are in need. During this time, your prayers would be much appreciated!
In Him,
Justin and Victoria
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Moriah & Friends’ List of 50 Disability-Inclusive Children’s Books
Hiya Friends! This list has been in the making for the past year as I've come across numerous disability-inclusive children's books...
-
It's finally here, my friends!!! I'm so honored and excited to be putting "Hiya Moriah" out into the world. It is such a...
-
Today's presentation about the CVICU went well! It was a beautiful setting at the Allied Arts Guild in Menlo Park, and the audience cons...
-
Hiya Friends! This list has been in the making for the past year as I've come across numerous disability-inclusive children's books...
5 comments:
WOW! How exciting...I love how you said that the world really has nothing to offer. That kind of hit me hard because...I hadn't thought of it from the circumstances you're in but you're sure right. God is our everything. How beautiful that you're going to be bringing him glory to those who need Him so badly! Way to hear Him, Justin and Victoria! Yay! Moriah, you see what your beautiful little sweet life is doing? You're a powerful, girl. :)
HUGS and BEST WISHES and Prayers
AmberK
This is awesome. I live in Seattle and have been following your blog for just over 2 years now. I came upon your blog, somehow, when I was recovering from a serious illness and my PT and OT both suggested I get the laptop out in hopes that would help me regain some of my lost motor skills. Somehow sitting up in my hospital bed I came upon your blog, and you all entered my life.
I pray for you all everyday.
Have you thought about setting up a Payal account so it's easier for people like us to donate from so far away?
What a wonderful idea and I wish I lived closer to join your services. Have you all thought about different fundraisers to help with funds? I opened an Etsy store because I started beading bracelets because off all the stress levels I have had over the year with medical issues with our family memebers. This month all money raised will go to the CHARGE Syndrome foundation (til the end of Feb) I even name my bracelets after brave little ones I know (there is a Moriah one on there). My store has been open 6 days and I have raised over $120. Each Month will be a different group that has touched my heart, including Mrach of Dimes, American Cancer Society, SMA, Make a Wish and our childrens hospital. So I was thinking if you all can do this and keep it going I can do a month for you all too, I can put you all in for the month of May and at the end of the month send you all the money raised.
Here is the link to the store.... http://www.etsy.com/shop/EvasButterflyJewels
let me know what you think!!
Such a wonderful thing to do and much needed! :) Prayers for the church plant!
I am a friend of Sue P's and a volunteer at RMH. This is my first visit to your blog, but I plan to stay connected. Just wanted to add another confirmation that you are hearing from God: I have been praying for several years for a way to bring Jesus into the lives of these families of seriously ill kids. As you know, there is a policy preventing us from initiating spiritual conversations with the families, so I knew that God would be raising up faithful servants like you! Thank you, thank you for your obedience in stepping out. I will be standing in prayer with you for God's continuing guidance, grace, and provision. Lori B.
Post a Comment