
Whenever I hear anything about Moriah being on the short side, I hear that 50 Cent song in my head...it only goes as far as the "Go, go, go Shawty, it's your Birthday, we're gonna party like it's your Birthday" part. Sorry 50, but that's where it ends for me. There will be no sipping of Bacardi or swearing up a storm in the same sentence as my 3 year old thankyouverymuch.
When we were out on a walk with Moriah the other day, a family asked us if she was 1 or 2 years old. That should give you an idea about how small she is. I smiled and told them she was 3, but said she was definitely on the petite side - like her Mommy. She's still wearing 2T pants, although her tops can be 3T if they are short sleeves - forget it if they're long sleeves. I want to take a pair of scissors and chop off all the excess material that comes off her arms when she wears them!
One of the characteristics of Charge Syndrome can be delayed growth. The 'R' in CHARGE stands for retardation of growth, and many times kiddos might be missing a growth hormone. With all that said, M is being tested for this with her next lab draws. Blech. I hate when she has to get poked.
If anything shows up missing or being off with the results, then we will be adding one more specialist to our list of a bajillion specialists -an endocrinologist. Sa-weet. We love going to Doctor's appointments.
But seriously, I love that my boo boo bear is small. It's part of what makes her who she is...and it just adds to her cuteness.
We will keep you updated on the results, and in the meantime, our shawty will just keep on goin'.
Go, go, go...

10 comments:
I have a shorty, too. She's currently wearing 6 mo. pajamas at just over 1 yr. old. Now, I'm going to have that song in my head all day. :)
Awesome things come in small packages. Just ask my Eli. ;)
I have to start by saying...I am STILL in awe over seeing her in her HOME! When will I get over that????
I love that she's little too! yummy baby...when is your momma gonna beckon me to come see you?
;0)
Love the updates...praying for nursing...waiting patiently.
We have a Shawty, too. ALL THE TIME, people look at Elijah and say, "Ohh, is he two?" "Um, no, he's four." "Oh wow, he's a little peanut!" He's our AWESOME little peanut! :) Moriah, you are an awesome little peanut, too!
Many people have big mouths and small brains. I dare them to ask me how old I am? ;)
i love that she's so tiny. I <3 her!
She is perfect, exactly the way God made her! And incredibly adorable too!
Aww...loving Miss Moriah. She is such a doll! Love the little ones, they are always the toughest! Callie will be 4 in September and she only weighs 23lbs with clothes on and is just at 36in. Everyone thinks she is 2 also. Wouldnt change it for the world.
i love my shorty to love u moriah you are a true fighter and you victoria you are wonderful to LOVE U
I wouldnt worry about Moriah being tiny, Eva is 6 and still in 3T clothes (which by the way she just grew into this year). The good part about them being small is we can get them into places for free still no questions asked...LOL
Post a Comment