My friend, Amber, gave me a blue ribbon to wear for Moriah when she visited us in February. We both would wear it to remind us of God's promises during this time as well as a reminder to pray for Moriah. I also include all the other children stuck in the hospital who cannot go home in my prayers.
We will cut our ribbons off when we do go home.
This morning I received an email from my friend, Andrea, who is joining us in wearing our blue ribbons.
She wrote this:
"Hi Victoria,It's been a long time since we've talked, but I think of you and your sweet girl often... Lately I've just been aching for your family as you got so close to going home only to have to battle another infection. I bought some blue ribbon and am making myself a bracelet to remind me of God's promises, but also to give me a visual reminder to pray for Moriah. I too plan to keep it on until she comes home. I was thinking you might have other friends and family who would like a blue ribbon. I would be happy to send a ribbon to anyone that wants one. I know it's just a small thing, but I thought it might give you encouragement to know that there are many people standing in solidarity and praying for Moriah. If you know of anyone that would like a ribbon, send me their name and address and I will put it in the mail. Sending you love and hugs,Andrea"
And so the fun began seeing our blue ribbon supporters, praying Moriah home...
Nurse Lindsay; CHLA

Baba and Riggs; Southern California

Aunt Sarah, Mike Pederson, Uncle Alex; Southern California

Andrea Himmelberger; Northern California
Amber Baker; Indiana *the one who started all of this*

Vivian and Beyonce; Northern Cal

PT Laura; CHLA

Dr. Keefer; CHLA

Crystal and Eva; Illinois
Uncle Jon; Southern California

**Our Family at OASIS Church**
Pastor Jon and Kate Maurer; Oasis


Daniel Osero; Wisconsin

Megan and Elijah Porta; Minnesota
**Our Family at QUIKSILVER; Orange County and Pasadena**
Casey and Zach

AJ

Elizabeth and Jessica

Maji; Southern California

Nano; Southern California

Carey McCulloch; Northern California

Gracie Swann; Southern California

Ashley and Lexi Kostjuk; Disneyland

Lucas; Northern California

Rachel, Allison, Jemelene, and Russ Wilson; Oregon
*they also run the Prayers of Hope blog*

Grace and AJ Truhe; Northern California


Josie Hull who also made the cutest video for Moriah on their blog

The Smileys; Colorado

Nurse Christina; LPCH

Megan, Gabby, and Jenny; Quiksilver, Northern California

Nurse Holly; LPCH

And Ester!

Casey and Zach

AJ

Elizabeth and Jessica
Chris, Andrew, Steve, Gwen

Mt. Hope Preschool (the BEST preschool ever in Colorado!!)

Kum Mike and Kuma Amy; Colorado

The Weirs; Canada

Emma; North Carolina

Colton; North Carolina

Lisa and Victoria Faith; Florida

Our friend and Doctor, Philippe Friedlich; CHLA

he Hellings and Seidels; Colorado

Michelle and Lauren

The Snyder Family; Southern California

The Sassano Family

Tiffani and Maddi; Northern California

Teta Vera; Southern California
.jpg)
Big brother, Max

Mt. Hope Preschool (the BEST preschool ever in Colorado!!)
Kum Mike and Kuma Amy; Colorado
The Weirs; Canada

Emma; North Carolina
Colton; North Carolina
Lisa and Victoria Faith; Florida

Our friend and Doctor, Philippe Friedlich; CHLA

he Hellings and Seidels; Colorado

Michelle and Lauren
The Snyder Family; Southern California

The Sassano Family

Tiffani and Maddi; Northern California

Teta Vera; Southern California
.jpg)
Big brother, Max

Maji; Southern California

Nano; Southern California

Carey McCulloch; Northern California
Gracie Swann; Southern California

Ashley and Lexi Kostjuk; Disneyland

Lucas; Northern California

Rachel, Allison, Jemelene, and Russ Wilson; Oregon
*they also run the Prayers of Hope blog*
Grace and AJ Truhe; Northern California


Josie Hull who also made the cutest video for Moriah on their blog
The Smileys; Colorado
Nurse Christina; LPCH

Megan, Gabby, and Jenny; Quiksilver, Northern California

Nurse Holly; LPCH

And Ester!

And finally, after over a year of wearing our ribbons, we finally got the chance to cut them off yesterday.
Moriah is home, and is here to stay!!!
Thank you to all of you who have supported us along the way. We couldn't have done this without your love and prayers.
Lots of love,
the Nelson Family




5 comments:
Praise God!!!!!
And now, the real praying begins. I'm praying that you two have strength of lions and wisdom of Solomon. It's a lot of work having a "heart baby" home, but the joys are immense.
Hugs!
Tears streaming down my cheeks as I see all the love and support. You guys are still receiving all that love and support, thankfully with Moriah under the same roof at night. Stay strong, keep advocating for that beautiful girl, and always sending thoughts and prayers your way.
yay so good to see all these updates hadnt seen one in a bit was starting to get worried again c oz the title seemed to say u were still in that corner
The last two pics made me cry... really cry... like a baby! Even though I know you've been home for a bit, getting into your routine, making sure that Miss M is well enough to stay there, etc., seeing you cut the ribbons sent me over the edge.
So glad David got to meet Moriah and that the meeting went well from your perspective. John and I adore him to pieces. And, like you, our first meeting with him (w/ Gracie) validated so many things for us.
Really love the living room slumber party picture! I should email you some of what our family room used to look like! Airbeds, pillows, blankets, etc! Nursing reasons AND a fear of her room led to a two year stint of sleeping in the family room! Even while nine months pregnant with Preston! LOL!
Much love... been thinking of you so often! So happy to see that you're busy with "normal" life.
xoxo
WOW you all have the best people around you and so much love and support. God has truly blessed you all!!
Love,
Crystal and Eva
Post a Comment